Efficiency Learning Systems Mission:
- Improve patient care through physician education that measurably improves competence, performance or patient outcomes
- Maintain high production quality
A Note About Practiced Based Education™:
Over the past several years I have worked with Efficiency Systems, Inc. to create and refine Practice-Based Education™, a tool for professional education in medical imaging.
Practice Based Education™ revolutionizes the quality of imaging education, providing realistic full-featured practice simulation with instant feedback.
Our principles are to provide high quality, engaging programs that emulate the principles of the flight simulator used in aviation: learn through experience in a realistic, but crash-proof environment. We create a medical practice experience, with:
- Clinical information.
- Convenient yet complete case display of all images, with full display tools.
- Opportunity for the participant to formulate a clinical report
- An authoritative comparison report for reference
- Clinical follow up, a concise teaching discussion of the case, clinical context, and appropriate scholarly references and information links.
- Information on physiologic and diagnostic issues involved with the technology and the case.
- Full compliance with standards for continuing medical education, and any regulatory provisions.
I think you will agree that Practice Based Education™ is a serious, robust practice simulator.
Efficiency Systems, Inc. launched Efficiency Learning Systems (ELS) in 2002. Inspired by the technology used in flight simulators that allow pilots to safely experience a wide range of scenarios during training, ELS developed Practice Based Education™ programs that present realistic training experiences for physicians and technologists to hone and perfect their skills.
Edward A. Eikman MD
(Program Committee Chairman)