Keynote Speaker: Daniel B. Kopans MD MGH
- Inventor of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
Experts demonstrate the use of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT) 3D Mammography to reduce call back and increase breast cancer detection. Learn to read DBT studies with guided interpretation of interesting cases. Contents also include information needed to introduce tomosynthesis to round out the education.
Studio mastered tomosynthesis case presentations include seen only on DBT masses & calcifications, invasive ductal carcinoma, lobular carcinoma, clarification of suspicious regions at screening, impact on call back, workflow case reviews, tomosynthesis warm-up cases, and BI-RADS™ 4/5 cases. This video series includes 40 interesting video case presentations.
Satisfy MQSA/ FDA System Specific Initial Training : "Under MQSA, there are currently not one, but three different DBT modalities. MQSA defines a mammographic modality as “a technology for radiography of the breast.” As of April 2015, three DBT systems have been approved for marketing in the United States: Hologic Selenia Dimensions, GE SenoClaire, and Siemens Mammomat Inspiration. Due to the technological differences between these DBT systems, and differences in their FDA-approved Indications for Use (IFU), each manufacturer’s DBT system is currently treated as a separate mammographic modality under the MQSA definition. Facilities that perform mammography using any of these DBT modalities are subject to MQSA requirements."(fda.gov)
Register and start your participation anytime. You control the pace of study. Online/On demand or DVD, participation is fast and efficient. Start when you please, work on at your convenience on your own schedule (start, stop, fast forward, rewind). Print your certificate online.
Credit Designations and Documentation:
- "Hologic Selenia Dimensions "(fda.gov) - 6 hours of training specific to the "Hologic Selenia Dimensions " system and 2.75 Hours general DBT topics applicable to all manufacturers
- "GE SenoClaire"(fda.gov) - 6 hours of training in one specific DBT system and 2.75 Hours general DBT topics applicable to all manufacturers plus the unique features of the "GE SenoClaire"
- "Siemens Mammomat Inspiration"(fda.gov) - 6 hours of training in one specific DBT system and 2.75 Hours general DBT topics applicable to all manufacturers plus the unique features of the "Siemens Mammomat Inspiration".
CME for interpreting physicians:
Earn 8.75 AMA PRA Category I Credits™ in Breast Tomosynthesis CME toward your initial 8 hour training; applies also toward the 6 hour recurring CME in tomosynthesis for MQSA. ( FDA Reference: 900.12(a)(1)(ii)(C) and 900.12(a)(1)(ii)(B). )
Initial training for interpreting physicians:
This program provides compliance cme and system specific documentation to include in facility records for MQSA inspection.
Meets or exceeds one or more of the following options for your MQSA compliance:
- 8 hours of training in general DBT topics, plus training in the unique features of the specific DBT system they will use; or
- 8 hours of training in one specific DBT system they will use; or
- 8 hours of training in one DBT system, plus training in the unique features of another DBT system prior to independent use of that other system.
Details and FAQ available at www.modalitytraining.com.
Ensure that your CME and training requirements are documented without the time pressure and commitments of onsite courses.
In addition to DBT CME and DBT training, the program committee recommends that physicians new to DBT participate in hands on training on DBT workstation (s) prior to independent clinical interpretation.
"Interpreting Physician New Mammographic Modality Training
Citation: 900.12(a)(1)(ii)(C): Before an interpreting physician may begin independently interpreting mammograms produced by a new mammographic modality, that is, a mammographic modality in which the physician has not previously been trained, the interpreting physician shall have at least 8 hours of training in the new mammographic modality."
This course has been designed for Physicians, Radiologists, and other licensed health care providers who participate in breast care or imaging.
Expert opinion and guidance is needed in evolution of Multi-Modality breast imaging, breast care practice, and breast imaging technology.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of USF Health and Efficiency Learning Systems, Inc. USF Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
USF Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of
8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Preview the program at no risk, to judge quality and reception.
- Video programs require sound and are compatible with most any computer or portable device capable of streaming video display and audio.
- Interactive programs are PC and MAC compatible.
- High Speed internet connection (cable or better)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mac Safari or similar browser.
*Windows is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation *MAC, Apple®, iPAD®, iTunes®, and iBooks® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
If you have technical queries about using this site, please contact us
.If you have credit related queries, please contact USF Health by email, email@example.com, or visit www.cme.hsc.usf.edu.